Monday, September 23, 2013

It's That Time of Year Again...

People who have known me for a long time may have been surprised to get to the middle of September without a Halloween reference (or a dozen!) from me.  I am usually ready to go by September first.  Well...I've been a little distracted lately...with the adorable little boy that came to us.  However, I am only a few weeks behind.  Not too bad.

Decorations are up...   


The haunted headstone library is running...


...complete with funny grave markers...


The haunted castle is ready for the kids to embellish with the Halloween puppets.



The picture I painted several months ago fits in with the theme.


The kids crafts and Husband's pumpkins are on display.


There is a new flower arrangement.


We've put up pictures of the distant relatives...like Dorian Gray...


and Ma and Pa America.


My wrinkled, but still in excellent condition, homemade apron came out to play.


All the coffins are filled...with a variety of objects...



The Halloween blankets I made for the boys last year are warming the kids.


And the Halloween quilts I made for Husband and me are on the bed.


At least one child has been caught secretly reading one of my Halloween stories that I wrote a few years ago.  This was his first time reading Grimmton, a dark and twisted tale about two valiant brothers who attempt to save their little sister from an evil group of ruthless vampires.  I may or may not viciously kill off the children.  But it is not a tragedy.  He seemed to really get into it.


Five also read some of the stories I have written for them.  (Creatures and Creepies, Pumpkin Masquerade, The House on the Hill, In the Graveyard, Quivering Quimby, Naughty Neville etc.)  All of these are decidedly happier and more whimsical than Grimmton or some of my other mature stories.


We read and read and read...


And Four picked up another favorite.


We are listening to Duke Specials's versions of Ghost Town and Werewolves at Midnight, and the Zombie Song by Stephanie Mabey.

I love Fall!

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, You make Halloween so Fun! I want to come see all of your decorations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I do love the season of the dead.

    ReplyDelete