Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Believe It or Not...

Three just requested (repeatedly) books for Christmas.  

Well!

Blow me down with a feather!

I couldn't get this kid to read a book two and a half years ago.  He acted like I was trying to kill him.

And now...asking for books for Christmas...my...how time marches in unexpected directions...

***

Four also asked for books.  But no romances, he insisted vehemently.  

I laughed out loud and clapped my hands.  

As if I would waste a good love story on my son.  

Please.  

Adventures for all.  

***

Incidentally, odds were good that they would each get a book or two from me anyway.  You almost always  get either well-chosen books or homemade gifts from me for Christmas. 

Recently, I've been working on some (mostly) homemade gifts.  I'll be wrapping them soon so I took pictures so I can remember how awesome everything looked.    



I especially love this collage board.  It feels like a sumptuously light dessert.  Something that is light as air and rich as love.  Mmmm...yummy!


Off to find some grand adventures for my boys to disappear into on Christmas morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment