Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Beach Day - October

The boys had a day off school.  In keeping with our yearly goal to go to the beach at least once a month, every month, for 2013, we decided to skip off to the sea. 

It was a beautiful day.  Warm enough, slightly breezy, with great, long, even, calm waves to ride. 

Lots of pictures ahead...






Baby slept through much of the excursion.  I think he found the white noise of crashing waves soothing.  



Bogey boarding was fun for the boys as they were able to go out pretty far and ride the rushing water all the way in. 











I would like to see the life of this pumpkin.  Did he really want to see the ocean?  Was it his dream?  Was he brought here against his will?  Did he know he would be killed at the beach?  

(I think I've read The Ugly Pumpkin one too many times...)





As a teenager, I came down to this beach with friends.  We had an amazing day, playing in the water and hanging out.  I remember noticing, on the drive home, that my skin sparkled with gold flecks.  I thought it was beautiful and, at that time, never expected to live anywhere near this beautiful beach.  A decade later, life brought me back.  

I don't think you can tell how sparkly the water is from this picture but all the little flecks are shining with hope.  They make me happy.   


The water was very calm and ripply.


Brothers




Four


Can you tell how empty the beach was?


Baby woke up and wanted to play.









We had a very good day and are very blessed to have this treat so close to us for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment