Sunday, October 27, 2013

Five is Now Seven

For Five's Birthday, we let him choose where to go to dinner.  He chose Stonefire because he loves their bread sticks.

The next day he wanted to go walk around Toys 'R' Us.  So we did.  I let him browse as long as he wanted.




You know, if Three had just listened to me and stopped secretly growing at night, he wouldn't have had such a tough time fitting into this tiny police car. 


Four pretended he was an old man...in a corvette.


Hey Ladies, you want to hop in my ride?


After we browsed, we went home.  Very easy activity.

***

There are many, many things that I do well or very well.  

However, there are a few things that no amount of magic will help me to do well.  Or even passable.  

For example, I cannot sing.  I sound worse than the seagull in The Little Mermaid.  

For another example, I cannot decorate a cake to save my life.  So I gave up many years ago.  However, this year, I decided to bake a homemade cake so I could have some.  (Store bought cakes are poisonous to me.)  So I baked the cake and then wisely turned the decorating over to the birthday boy.  

Not bad. 


He was excited to open his presents...


...and blow out the candles on his cake.







The cake was organic chocolate and very, very good.  But I was not used to how sweet cake is.  I haven't had cake in years and my body forgot what a sugar rush a piece of cake can be.  The boys and I polished off half of it and called the whole affair a grand birthday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment