Sunday, August 25, 2013

Austenland

Had a fun girl's night out the other night.

Thank you to R for setting it up.  And to BMB for making matching pins.

Was it oscar worthy?  No.  Not even close.

But it was fun and we were laughing.  The inside Austen jokes were enjoyable and the actors looked like they were having fun.  They looked like they were playing around, being silly.  Loved watching this play out surrounded by all kinds of amazing women in the audience.    

Some thoughts:

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why Georgia King's accent sounded off.  She's British.  And yet, she sounded like she was struggling to sound British.  Near the end, it all came clear.

And I liked the kindness between Miss Charming and Jane.  I can't remember if they were that friendly in the book (it's been years since I read it...), but I liked that there was just kindness.  Lately I have noticed that it is rare to see kindness between female counterparts.  Kind of sad...

Every good Austen story needs a twist of misplaced loyalty.  This had that.  Every Austen story needs a put upon female.  This had that.  Every Austen story, needs the reader (or audience) to root for love.  And we did.

My favorite line?

"You don't annoy me......you make me nervous."

Loved my girl's night out!

  

1 comment:

  1. ME TOO! It was one of the funnest movie nights we've had in a while. So hilarious!

    ReplyDelete