Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Beach Day - June

After Five fractured his wrist and had to be casted, I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to go to the beach this month.  We hadn't yet missed a month, but circumstances can have a way of altering your goals.  However, after some thought, I whipped up a cast cover and off we went.  

My sisters and some of kids came down for fun day.  



When we got to the beach, there was seaweed in the water.  We never see seaweed at this beach.  I apologized profusely.  Seaweed in the water is gross.  Nothing like slimy tentacles playing around you ankles while you try to swim.  But my sisters weren't offended and the kids thought it was fun to play with. 

Three


Four 


Five and his Cousin, M 







My Sister







Five disappeared for a while.  He likes alone time.  He dug a hole, wrapped himself up, and took some 'me' time. 


My sister, A, offered to teach the boys how to skim board. 



After a while, Four was getting it. 




The day and water turned out so beautiful my sisters remarked that it looked Caribbean.  It was a gorgeous day. 





I know it is not proper to be jealous.  But I am jealous of my sister's hair color every time I see her.  Look at that red!  I guess I can't be too bent out of shape though.  Her red fades just as quickly as mine.  We really ought to invent 'forever red'.  It would save us so much time and energy.



Five and his cousin, E, sat down to a card game.  They played without parental assistance from start to finish without any trouble.  I was very impressed. 


2 comments:

  1. Wife and MOther: Thanks for the great post. Reminds me of our day at the beach last week. So awesome your sister can skim board. Hope Five can get his cast off soon. Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete