Monday, June 24, 2013

Planets

I made a very simple blanket for Four when he was little.  In the past year or so, he has really bonded to the blanket.  


In the past few months, he has talked about wanting to be an astronomer when he grows up.  And he asked me to find him some non-fiction (yes, he used that term!) books on planets and space.  

I found several and he devoured them.

Last night, we were having a cuddle and he had his planets blanket.  

Me: Don't you just love this blanket, Four?
Four: I guess.  I mean they got it all wrong.
Me: What?
Four: Look at this craziness.  Everyone knows the correct colors of the planets. 
Me: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...everyone may not know the correct colors of the planets.
Four:  Well, it is all wrong. 

Four then proceeded to point to every planet and explain what was wrong with the color choices.  He used phrases such as:
I mean, do they expect me to believe this is Pluto?...Saturn looks ridiculous...and more.  


Huh.  

You make a nice, brightly colored blanket.  Only to have your braniac of a child grow up to tell you how inaccurate the print is.  

I didn't really know how to respond.  Then I laughed.  I mean, what else to do?   And his disgust at the artist's choices doesn't keep him from cuddling under the blanket for movies and bedtime.  No worry.  

He sets the bar higher every time he out thinks the world around him.  And I couldn't be more pleased.   


No comments:

Post a Comment