Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teddy Graham Snicker Bar Cars

Pinewood Derby is coming up.  I offered to make snicker bar cars.  One of the other leaders had a picture and I thought, "I could do that."

I got all the ingredients and began.  

I had a problem with the very first one.  Which was fine.  It was a tester anyway.  

I found a youtube video and figured out what I was doing wrong.  What did we do without youtube?



The trick is not to shove the bear into the car.  But rather, to cut his legs off, and glue him on to the top of the car, creating the illusion that he is in the candy bar. 


So I chopped off the legs of thirty-two bears.  Don't worry.  I called in a highly-qualified clean-up crew.  My seven-year old took care of any evidence of wrong doing.


And behold - snicker bar cars.  
(And milky way cars.  But it doesn't sound quite as catchy.)  



Let the races begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment