Thursday, January 23, 2014

What's in a Name?

Five recently informed me that kids at school are no longer allowed to call him cute.

Me: Well, honey, you are kind of tiny...so they might call you cute.  You are very cute.  Cute is a nice thing to be called.
Five:  No!  I am sick of it.  All the girls say I'm soooo cute.  Yuck!
Me: (feeling a little sorry for him) Oh honey....
Five: From now on they can only call me cool, awesome, or epic.
Me: (trying to not burst out laughing) Oh honey.  That might be hard to do.
Five:  Nope.  I'll just tell them that that is what they can call me.
Me: Ooookkkay...but if someone calls you cute...please don't be mean to them.  They are being nice.
Five: Cool is better than cute.

And with that, he walked away.  I haven't asked how this little experiment is going...but...I am sure this will get interesting.

Three also recently told me that he is sick of the all the girls telling him he has the most beautiful blue eyes.
Me: Yep.  Those darn blue eyes of yours.
Three: The girls won't stop talking about them.
Me: (Thinking he actually likes the attention from the girl.) Those eyes of yours...a curse I tell you.
Three:  Yeah, it's awful.
Me: You want me to get permission for you to wear really dark eyeglasses in class - so you are not distracting the girls?
Three: (suddenly backing off the complaint) uh...yeah...maybe...I'll let you know.
Me: Okay.  You do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment