Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Trixie's Rolls

Over the years we have had several good friends who made delicious rolls.  They all got us hooked and then they moved away.

Did I say good friends?  Rotten friends might be a more apt description.  Who does that?  Who gets you hooked on their scrumptious baked goods, only to cut you off?

Can you tell I still miss them (and all their lovely rolls and donuts)?

Anyway, we have a last man standing.  We have one friend left that still spoils us with her rolls and donuts. Guess what?  She is moving in a few months.  Am I cursed?

But that is not the point.  Let's get there.  For the purposes of this story, we will refer to this last friend standing as Trixie.  Why?  Because I think it is funny.  What is she going to do?  Get offended and move away?

Trixie makes great rolls.  And great homemade donuts.

We occasionally have the privilege to enjoy these treats.  And in partaking, my kids have become hooked.

Actual conversation between Three and Me.

Three:  Mom, can you ask Trixie to make us some rolls?
Me: No, honey.  We get them when we get them.
Three: Oh.  Well, can you make some rolls then?  I mean Trixie's rolls are better.  Waaayyyy better.
Me: (Giving him the evil eye)
Three: But, if I can't have her rolls, then I guess I will take yours.
Me:  Huh.  Thank you?
Three:  You know what I mean.  Trixie's rolls are just sooooo good.  The Lovely's rolls were good.  Miss Chelsea's rolls were good.  And Trixie's rolls are good.  Yours are alright.  But theirs are really, really good.
Me: Not sure you are going the right direction here.
Three: What?  I like the best.  If I can't have that, then I will take yours.
Me: Still digging your hole.

You would not believe how long this conversation went on.  And at the end of it, Three expected me to make rolls!  Hah!  I should have taught him that you can get more rolls with honey than vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment