Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Year

Getting into the new year groove has been a challenge.  Now that the boys are back in school, I am starting to get my legs under me again.  They are back to a regular bedtime and my house is back to clean for several hours each day - until they come home from school like wild tornadoes.  But for those blessed few hours, oh delight!

Baby is adamant about wanting to hold his bottle.  Unfortunately he still lacks the skills to get the aim right and to keep his bottle elevated at the back so the milk can come out.  But, he is trying!



We also tried baby cereal for the first time.  He acted like I was trying to torture him.  He just kept crying and rolling his tongue around the cereal, as if to say, "Get it out!  Get it out!  How could you?  How could you do this to me?"  Huge crocodile tears were shed and I retreated.  

A week later, we tried puffs.  Just a few from a friend.  And baby crack wins the day again.  He enjoyed them.  So maybe he won't hate all baby food.  Just rice cereal apparently. We'll be trying some veggies in the next few weeks.  Let's hope for less dramatics.  

And he has finally discovered toys.  He likes to lick them.  






So to recap what we have learned: Rice cereal is akin to torture and plastic toys are divinely lickable.  Huh...you learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment