Monday, September 8, 2014

Reboot

Just before school started, Husband's parents took all four boys for the night.  I am rarely away from my boys as I have a hard time sleeping without having them in the next room but I welcomed this opportunity.

As soon as the boys were gone, I rolled up my sleeves and cleaned.  For seven hours straight.

I'm the kind of person that likes and needs orderliness.  However, having four wild boys, can put a crimp in my needs and wants.  I'm often amazed at how many darts, cars, nerf guns, swords, shields, capes, legos, and other boy detritus can get strewn across the house in under two minutes.

My mother-in-law suggested I go to a book store and enjoy it by myself for a little while.  No.  I needed to be in a clean and orderly house.  So I scrubbed and sorted and threw out.

Then I sat.  And enjoyed.  It was amazing the next day, when I woke up, because the house was still clean!

So grateful to my in-laws!

I picked up the boys and joked that I was going to let them pitch a tent outside and stay there from now on because I didn't want my house to get messy again.  They laughed but I gave them the serious eyes.  When we got home, I could tell that they tried, but alas. the house went messy again.

However, now that the boys are back in school, I get to have a clean and orderly house for several hours a day.  And it is heaven.  Sure, I miss them.  But, a tidy house can go a long way to soothe that ache.

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying laughing reading this right now, because this is exactly what Annie would do if she were in the same position. There have been several times that we've had days off together and her first thought is we must clean the house. Which is kind of funny in comparison to the mess your boys make vs the two of us. =]

    ReplyDelete