Thursday, September 18, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Halloween Edition

Recently I received some pictures from my childhood.

It was super weird looking through them.  

However, amidst the bad hairdos and people that are best forgotten, there were some really fun memories to relive.

Here are some Halloween and dress-up shots from the past.

(And since most of my sisters do not read my blog ever, I feel like I can post whatever I want.  They will never know...)


A as a Vampire

Don't hate her cuz she was thirsty!




L


Me.  As a sailor.  And yes.  That is an actual sailor's uniform.  It was my dad's when he was eighteen.  And I had a hard time fitting into the top at fourteen.  Which meant that my dad was a very skinny eighteen year old.  


Me and Princess L

She later wore this costume and (with our other sister, E, dressed as a witch) posed in a local Halloween print ad.


Me and my older sister, S.  

Nice pose, S.


Pumpkins we carved.  Without all those fancy templates kids can use today.


A as a teenage mutant ninja turtle.  The first time they were popular.  Surprisingly she never wanted to dress like a princess.


Princess L Again

Surprisingly she always dressed as a princessy-type.


Uh...except here.


E.  As a classy french maid who is apparently popping chocolate on the job.


S as a sixties housewife?  Or was this an actual outfit?  Either way, super cute.


Me.  As a...?  

So I learned how to tie a tie from my younger sister A.  Big surprise, right?  Growing up, she thought she was a dude.  We would have to remind her (force her?) to put on a shirt when she went outside.  

So when I was teaching Three how to tie his ties, I told him about A teaching me.  It's the lesson that keeps teaching.  Thanks A!  


S, E, and Me


Me.  


S


E.  Showing some vampirey leg.


E, Red, and Me.  
E is the baby, Red is the princess and I was Scarlet O'Hara that year.  
So that would make me 16 or 17 here.


 A as a Golfer


L as a gypsy.  Which is funny.  Because her boyfriend now is a gypsy.  Like, 'a real one'.  I had to watch a tv show to figure out what people meant when they said that.  


I was also a nurse, clown, and an adorable minnie mouse but none of those pictures (if any existed...?) were included in the package.  

Still it was fun (mostly) to see some old shots of my sisters and friends from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment